- Wash your hands with soap and water often for at least 20 seconds especially after you have been in a public place, or after blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing – use a hand sanitizer gel that contains at least 60% alcohol if soap and water is not available
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick
- Maintain distance between yourself and other people if COVID-19 is spreading in your community
- Stay home if you’re sick, except to get medical care
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow
- Immediately wash your hands with soap and water after throwing away used tissues
- If you are sick, wear a facemask when you are around other people
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces DAILY, such as tables, doorknobs, light switches, phones, keyboards, toilets, faucets, sinks and countertops
- Cough, fever or shortness of breath
- Tested positive for COVID-19 or come in close contact with a person tested positive in the last 14 days
- Return from travel outside of Canada in the last 14 days
How does COVID 19 spread?
There is currently no vaccine to prevent coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19). The best way to prevent this illness is to avoid being exposed to this virus.
The virus is thought to spread mainly from person-to-person, between people who are in close contact with one another (within about 6 feet) and through respiratory droplets produced when an infected person coughs or sneezes. These droplets can land in the mouths or noses of people who are nearby or possibly be inhaled into the lungs.
How can I avoid contracting COVID-19?
Here are the best precautions to help prevent people from catching and spreading COVID-19:
Can I go to work if I am slightly sick but I am sure I do not have COVID-19?
Please do not report to work if you are showing any signs of illness and contact an AEG representative to report your absence. Contact your health care provider for guidance and stay home until you are symptom-free. Avoid meeting anyone during this time.
I have been in close contact with someone who returned from travel in the last 14 days but show no symptoms. Should I go to work?
Please contact an AEG representative before you report to work. An AEG staff will conduct a screening and you may be advised to stay home for 14 days. Please do not report to work and notify an AEG representative immediately.
When should I contact Alliance Employment Group?
If you are showing any signs of the following, please contact us before you report to work:
For further information, take a look at this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/public-health/services/diseases/2019-novel-coronavirus-infection/symptoms.html
I was laid-off due to COVID-19, what options do I have for income replacement?
Please take a look at the Government of Canada’s website for information on Employment Insurance: https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/ei/notice-covid-19.html